2″ Compact LP Disc-Kleen
2″ Compact Low Pressure (LP) Disc-Kleen Filters are the perfect solution when automation is desired because manual cleaning is frequent and too cumbersome. A new redesigned filter spine allows flushing at a lower pressure – 30 psi. This saves money on energy costs and maintains water flow to the field during the flushing cycle for crop uniformity. The built-in backflush controller, operated by pressure differential gauge and/or time, operates on (4) D batteries. The filter now has a grey colored body and cover for easy identification. Installation is easy with this pre-assembled compact unit. There are two models based on overall flow with a maximum flow rate of 80 GPM.
- Proven depth filtration filters through the entire depth of the disc ring, not just the surface.
- Non-corrosive, UV protected polypropylene materials resist rust and corrosion from chemicals and weather.
- Factory assembled and tested for a quick and easy water in/water out installation
- Small footprint saves valuable space.
- Less backflush time optimizes overall irrigation application of water.
- Compact pre-assembled unit for easy installation – fits in tight spaces.
- AC models uses 110 VAC power source; includes a 100 to 24 V transformer
and uses a 24 VAC solenoid
- DC model uses (4) D batteries and a 12 VDC latching solenoid
- Built-in backflush controller functions by pressure differential gauge and/or time.
- Easily accessible bypass screen filter ensures clean water for backflushing
- Irrigation systems with a capacity of 1 to 80 GPM requiring clean water to operate drippers or micro-sprinklers
- For areas with or without electricity
- When automatic backflushing is desirable because manual cleaning is frequent and too cumbersome
2″ Compact LP Disc-Kleen Filter Operations
HOW AUTOMATIC DISC FILTER TECHNOLOGY WORKS
A filter element (spine) contains a stack of compressed discs with an overlapping series of grooves that force the debris to move through the numerous trap points.
Unfiltered water passes through a stack of tightly compressed discs. The water is forced to flow through the interlocking grooves of the disc rings where debris is trapped, releasing only filtered water to the irrigation system.
As debris in the filter increases, the backflush process is initiated. The discs separate and jets of clean water spray and spin the discs removing the trapped debris which is then flushed out.
2″ Compact LP Disc-Kleen Filters Technical
- Standard Model: 1 – 80 GPM
Low Flow Model: 1 – 40 GPM
- Inlet: 2″ Male Pipe Thread
- Outlet: 2″ Female Pipe Thread
- Flush Port: 2″ Female Pipe Thread
- Maximum Operating Water Pressure: 90 psi
- Minimum Pressure for Backflush: 30 psi
- Minimum Flow for Backflush:
- Standard Model – 35 GPM
- Low Flow Model – 20 GPM
- Minimum Allowable pH: 5
WATER QUALITY GUIDELINES
GOOD WATER QUALITY: Municipal water supply or well water from a clean aquifer with no sand, iron or manganese.
AVERAGE WATER QUALITY: Wells with small amounts of sand (<2 ppm) or clean surface water which includes lakes, ponds, reservoirs and canals.
POOR WATER QUALITY: Well water with sand up to 10 ppm or surface water in hot climates with increased biological growth and no chemical treatment which includes lakes, ponds, reservoirs and canals.
VERY POOR WATER QUALITY: Well water with greater than 10 ppm of sand including rivers, muddy canals, lakes and ponds with severe run off deposits and raw municipal wastewater.
GREATER THAN 3 PPM SAND OR SILT: May require a pre-filter such as a hydrocyclone.
2″ Compact LP Disc-Kleen Filters Ordering