Hydrometer – a hydraulic valve and water meter combined in a single unit which saves space and installation costs. The valve is double-chambered for quick action and positive opening and closing. Adding pilot valves and solenoids enables remote and automatic operation. No straight pipe length is required upstream or downstream of the globe configuration hydrometers making them ideal for tight installations.
Available in many sizes to suit a variety of applications.
- Double-chambered valve provides quick acting and positive opening and closing.
- Rugged, heavy-duty construction with corrosion-resistant body for reliable performance.
- Stainless steel encapsulated registers guaranteed against fogging due to moisture.
- Globe configuration with built-in straightening vane requires no straight pipe installation saving space.
- Low head loss for energy efficiency and +/-2% accuracy across all flow ranges.
- High pressure, remote control applications
- For communication with irrigation controllers and central control units
- For use as a remote master valve for automated operation
- For variety of pilot options: manual electric, pressure reducing manual electric
- Sizes: 1 1/2″, 2″, 3″, 4″, 6″ and 8″
- Maximum Working Pressure:
- Manual Electric – 235 psi
- Pressure Reducing Manual Electric – 140 psi
- Higher Pressures Available:
- Minimum Working Pressure: 14 psi
- Maximum Liquid Temperature: 140° F
- Connections: Flanged, Threaded
- Register Options: Reed Switch, Photo Diode or ER Digital
- Reed Switch Register Pulse Outputs: 0.1 or 1.0
- Photo Diode Register Pulse Outputs: 0.0015, 0.0021 or 0.0074
- ER Digital Register Pulse Outputs: Gallons – .1, 1, 10, 100, 1000; Acre Feet – .0001, .001, .01
- Body: Cast Iron, Epoxy Coated
- Valve Diaphragm: Reinforced Natural Rubber
REED SWITH REGISTER
The Reed Switch Register has a low frequency pulse output for functions relating primarily to recording volume and communication with control and monitoring equipment. Registers are interchangeable and easily replaced with common tools. They are removable even when the meter is operating. A leak indicator in the center of the dial registers the lowest flow through the meter. Flows are totaled in U.S. Gallons and each dial face indicates the multiplication factor.
- Magnetic coupling activates the reed switch creating a pulsed output.
- Dry contact uses very little electric power.
- Calculates volume related functions such as data recorders or simple counters.
Maximum contact current is 50 mA and maximum contact voltage is 48 VDC.
PHOTO DIODE REGISTER
The Photo Diode Register has a standard or high frequency pulse output (open collector) for functions such as rate of flow, recording total volume, and communicating with control and monitoring equipment. Registers are interchangeable and easily replaced with common tools. They are removable even when the meter is operating. Flows are totaled in U.S. Gallons and each dial face indicates the multiplication factor.
- A sensor combines an IR light source and a light sensitive diode in one package. Signals are created when the light beam created by the IR light is interrupted by a rotating element.
- Requires a constant supply of DC power.
Minimum contact current is 15 mA to a maximum of 25 mA DC through a resistor and maximum voltage is 28 VDC.
ELECTRONIC (ER) DIGITAL REGISTER
The ER Digital register combines standard digital register features with dry pulse output capabilities. It’s ideal for communicating with control and monitoring equipment and is programmable to a wide variety of pipe sizes. Registers are interchangeable and easily replaced with common tools.
- Multi-line digital LCD readout displays 9 digits for Total Volume in U.S. Gallons or Acre Feet/
- 4 digits displayed for Rate of Flow in Gallons per Minute.
Minimum voltage is 3.6 VDC, maximum contact current is 200mA, maximum contact voltage is 40 VDC and maximum distance between meter and control board is 65 feet.
The Water Meter Configurator is an online tool that will assist you in ordering a water meter. Simply select your water meter based on type, size, output, units, and signal. The tool will then provide you with a model number, product description, and price for use to place an order.