Octave® Ultrasonic Water Meter
Features & Benefits
- Accurate Flow Data Within ± 1.5%
Double-beam ultrasonic sensors provide highly accurate flow data and reliable operation.
- No Impeller Or Moving Parts In The Flow Path
Ensures unrestricted low pressure loss flows.
- Long Term Performance
Lithium batteries provide a 10 year life expectancy.
- Sealed And Tamper Proof IP68 Register
Programmed to log and display both forward and reverse flow. Physically reversing the meter will not decrease the forward flow totalizer.
- Instant Information Readings
Flow and volume information, leak detection, flow direction, output mode, battery level, alarms and errors are viewable from a multi-readout screen.
- Unique Serial Number And Accuracy Certificate
Each meter has its own unalterable bar-coded serial number and includes a certificate verifying flow accuracy.
- Reduced Maintenance
Requires less maintenance for wear-prone parts commonly found in other meters.
- Commercial applications
- Communicate with irrigation controllers and measures water usage for effective water management
Octave® Ultrasonic Water Meter Technical
- Sizes: 2″, 3″, 4″, 6″, 8″, 10″ and 12″
- Body: Epoxy-coated cast iron with flange inlet and outlet
- Flow Range: <1 GPM TO 1,600 GPM
- Maximum Working pressure: 230 psi
- Fluid Temperature Range: 32° to 122° F (0.1° to 50° C)
- Connections for Metal Body: Flanges ANSI ISO for AWWA connections standard
- Connections for Plastic Body: Male pipe thread with ASTM couplers
- Environmental Protection: IP-68, Ambient operation temperature for display: -13° to 131° F (-25° to 55° C)
- Display Units: Multi-line, programmable 9 digit LCD Display
- Output (optional): Programmable single/dual open collector pulse output or externally powered 4-20 mA loop.
How Octave Works
The Octave’s measurement method is based on ultrasonic, transit-time, dual-beam sensors that determines the length of time it takes an ultrasonic wave to travel the distance between the two sensors located in the meter’s body. The sensors function as both sender and receiver, each one alternating these functions so that the ultrasonic wave travel both with and against the direction of the flow. Because the ultrasonic wave travels slower against the flow than with the flow, the time difference of the two waves allows the meter to determine the flow rate.
Octave Programming And Digital Display
Multi-line digital LCD readout display provides immediate reporting and visual indicators for critical conditions. The 9 digit display is easy to read at a glance. Each Octave Meter will be pre-programmed before shipment for an instantaneous flow rate in Gallons per Minute (GPM) and Volume Totalizer Units (Gallons).
- Two (2) diameters of straight pipe are required when installing a 90º elbow before or after the meter. (Figure 1)
- Two (2) diameters of straight pipe are required when installing the meter upstream or downstream of a valve, tee connection or other source of significant turbulence. (See Figures 2 and 3)
NOTE: The installation of a meter upstream of a pump or large valve is not recommended due to potential cavitation issues.
- Five (5) diameters of straight pipe downstream of a pump (before the meter) and Two (2) diameters of straight pipe downstream of the meter are required. (See Figure 4)
NOTE: When the meter is downstream of a pump, Netafim recommends additional straight pipe to ensure accurate measurements.
- Meter can be installed horizontally or vertically with the water flowing up. It is not recommended for installation where the direction of flow is below the horizontal plane.
- To eliminate air in the pipeline and maintain accuracy, use of and proper placement of Air Vents is required.
- Recommended Air Vent placement: 3″ and 4″ meters place air vent 12″ to 18″ before the meter; 6″ and 8″ meters place the air vent 18″ to 24″ before the meter; 10″ and 12″ meters place the air vent 30″ to 36″ before the meter.
- Installing a Check Valve downstream of the meter creates back pressure to aid in the meter filling with water.
Octave® Ultrasonic Water Meter Ordering